Trinity Lutheran Church logo

Welcome to Trinity!

Our history

Our congregation was founded in 1912 in a rented chapel on Andrews Avenue and was to be in ministry with English speaking Lutherans residing in Lakewood. The name became Trinity Lutheran Church in 1921. The present building was completed in 1922, the education unit in 1953, interior renovations to the sanctuary in 1966, and muraling throughout in 1999 by members under the leadership of member artists.

Trinity's ministry focuses on feeding the hungry and serving those who are struggling with poor economic times. Trinity serves or partners with others who serve free community meals three times each month. For 19 summers Trinity has offered Peace Camp for area youth. A yearly summer project stuffs back packs with school supplies for area students. Each holiday season Trinity members adopt local families to support their immediate needs. Trinity is Community!

As a group of friends in Christ, Trinity strives to overcome human made boundaries among people. Trinity is one of two Reconcilling in Christ congregations in the Northeastern Ohio Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. As an RIC congregation, Trinity welcomes people of all ethnicities, sexual orientations, and backgrounds.

Christian Education is offered as lifelong learning. Children through adults can step into a class. Trinity's women's group is named "Bad Girls of the Bible" (after a book by that name). Seniors meet for community building and prayer every two weeks. Groups for youth, young adults and young moms, dads, and babies function for projects and support as time dictates. There is a monthly Friday dedicated to Sunday School parents where childcare is offered.

Trinity collaborates with Lutheran Metropolitan Ministries, the Lakewood Collaborative, the Lakewood Community Services Center, and the Cleveland Foundation. Trinity is a member of the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce and the Clevelend Foodbank.

We have enjoyed a successful mentorship and partnership with The Cleveland Foundation's Project Access from 2007-2010. Project Access has guided our work in the formation of Trinity Lakewood Community Outreach.

Historically, Trinity's pastors have been active community leaders. Pastor Paula Maeder Connor is a past recipient of the Lilly Endowment's Pastoral Renewal Grant written by Trinity members in 2002. She retired in November 2015, after 25 years of service to Trinity! See complete coverage HERE.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon